Ben is from Atlanta, Georgia, and started learning about the Middle East in high school. He joined the ultimate team at George Washington University – the Hippos. Ben then began playing club ultimate for Chain Lightning in 2005 – won a national championship in 2009. He has coached youth, juniors, and college ultimate… meanwhile getting USAU certification in coaching and observing.
Ben first became involved with UP in 2011, and was pleased to see about two dozen Atlanta-area ultimate players head to Camp UP in the coming years. In early 2014, Ben helped establish the UP Fellowship, and has found joy participating in coaches training for both Israeli and Palestinian ultimate communities. Also in 2014, Ben finished his master’s in international non-profit management. He loves ultimate for many reasons, in particular because of the self-officiation, the competitive drive it brings out, the community, and the long ball.
Events & Roles
- UP Alumni Profile: Hosa – From Camper to Staff [March 24, 2016]
- Ongoing Program Shows Growth [June 22, 2015]
- UP Tour 2014 Plays Ultimate [April 15, 2014]
- UP Tour 2014 Arrives in Atlanta [April 11, 2014]
- UP Tour 2014 Day #1 [April 9, 2014]
- Sarah VanWagenen [March 2, 2014]
- Coaching the Principle of Nonviolence in a Violent World [February 5, 2014]