If You Are the Parent or Family of a UP Coach, Staff or LIT/CIT…
Thank you for supporting your child or relative as they positively impact the UP community, and we’d love to tell you more about the amazing things they are doing.
As a Coach:
All coaches are challenged to:
- Learn how to teach, coach, and inspire youth to play the sport
- Improve public speaking and other leadership skills
- Collaborate with peers on tough projects
- Become and teach how to be a better teammate
Since 2009, Camp Ultimate Peace has brought together an international group of highly talented coaches, all volunteers, to lead the multi-cultural teams at camp. Young and young at heart – they use the character building sport of Ultimate as their main tool for uniting youth. The relationship they form with the campers continue during the year electronically – many coaches return every year to renew these priceless connections. For this annual peak experience, they happily use their time off from work and school and fundraise to finance their trips.
Teams are formed the first day of camp, each having a mix of Arabs, Jews, and Palestinians. Typically 4-6 coaches are assigned to each team. Over 7 action-packed days, these multicultural teams eat together, socialize, cheer, practice, dance, compete and inevitably build lasting bridges of friendship. The coaches are the ringleaders, bringing energy, humor, athleticism, and a brand of fun that makes each team come alive. For many of the campers, these coaches are the first westerners they have ever met, so to be led by these charismatic ultimate fanatics, on and off the field, is a life altering experience.
As a Leader-In-Training (LIT):
All LIT’s are challenged to:
- Learn how to teach and coach
- Practice how to speak to groups
- Express and question their viewpoints
- Collaborate with peers and older adults
Ultimate Peace has worked hard to build the LIT (formerly know as CIT) program, a comprehensive 3-year Leadership-in-Training program for Middle Eastern teens. Our vision was to create groundbreaking developmental training that would enhance and enrich the high school years of participants, while preparing them to be future leaders and change-makers within Ultimate Peace, inside their communities, and in the Middle East. The program is thriving and is now training its 5th year cohort, with an average of 15 teens in each one.
Each group has a mix of Arabs, Jews, and Palestinians. They work closely together on leadership projects, coach cross-cultural teams, create and lead UP youth ultimate teams back in their own communities, and even compete together in international tournaments. Many have become the best of friends. Each summer 10-15 teens from the USA take on the role of LIT at our overnight camp in the Middle East. Each American LIT goes through intensive training before and during camp to help the diverse campers have the most fulfilling experience possible.
As a Staff Member:
All staff members are challenged to:
- Lead, organize, and inspire youth at camp and the year-round program
- Facilitate campers having a transformative personal and interpersonal experience
- Partner with young leaders in training on projects and interventions
- Lead and represent the organization with pride and professionalism
Since 2009, Camp Ultimate Peace has brought together an international group of highly talented volunteers who staff the overnight multi-cultural camp and year-round program in the Middle East. UP Staff share their lives, perspectives, and knowledge with youth. The relationships they form with the campers continue during the year electronically – many staff members return every year to renew these priceless connections. For this annual peak experience, they happily use their time off from work and school and fundraise to finance their trips.
There is nothing like Camp UP. Teams are formed the first day of camp, each having a mix of Arabs, Jews, and Palestinians. The staff brings energy, humor, and a brand of fun that makes the whole camp come alive. For many of the campers, these volunteers are the first westerners they have ever met, so to interact with and be led by these charismatic people from far away is quite a life altering experience.
Thank you again for supporting your child or relative, and please consider helping Ultimate Peace financially now.
Ultimate Peace is a 501(c)3 non-profit registered with the US Internal Revenue Service. Your donations made to Ultimate Peace, Inc. are tax deductible as a charitable contribution.
To donate in the name of a specific coach, search for their name here:
What Your Donations Help Ultimate Peace Acquire:
- $300 – Pay for one youth to participate in the Ultimate Peace year-round program (community team, cross-cultural league, tournaments)
- $500 – Buy uniforms and discs for one community team
- $600– Send one youth to weeklong overnight camp
- $2500 – Pay for three youths to participate in 9 month Youth Leadership Program (Leaders-in-Training)
- $5000 – Fund one multi-cultural tournament for 200 youth from 20 communities
- $10,000 – Pay for an entire community team from a UP village of your choice to attend Camp UP
- $20,000 – Fund a UP fellowship for one year – one USA fellow will develop two new communities, one in the West Bank, one in Israel
- $50,000 – Purchase a large van to transport youth and staff to activities in the West Bank and Israel