My name is Delphine Wartelle and I have the privilege of having been selected as a coach for Ultimate Peace to coach kids in the Middle East from all backgrounds (Arab Israeli, Jewish Israeli, Palestinian…) in the beautiful ways of Ultimate Frisbee!
Ultimate Frisbee is a self-refereed, self-motivated sport, with strong respect for other players and teams. Through this lens, Ultimate Peace (UP, a 501c3 non-profit organization) brings together children from around the Middle East to create dialogue, friendship, all while exercising. These children would otherwise never have met.
Given recent events, this work is more important than ever. UP changes lives and I strongly believe that, with some help, UP can help change the situation in the Middle East.
Ultimate Peace doesn’t write legislation. UP doesn’t proselytize. UP doesn’t discuss politics at camp. No. What UP does is build bridges between critically divided communities and helps create understanding and friendships. Feel free to look around the website for more info.
All of this wonderful work comes at a cost. UP is entirely run and staffed by volunteers. Each coach is expected to fundraise some $1,200 to pay for our own accommodations and help provide the best camp possible for the kids. I am writing today to ask for your help in the form of donations. Any amount helps!
With your donation, you will help:
- Over 200 children participate in camp
- Children meet and play with people they would otherwise NEVER have met
- Children (and coaches, let’s be real) have a life-changing summer
- MOST IMPORTANTLY, children learn to practice empathy, non-violence, and mutual respect in a part of the world where it is sorely lacking.
Your donation will be tax-deductible and you will also have my eternal gratitude.
How to donate:
1. Click below on this page on “Donate to Ultimate Peace in Delphine Wartelle’s name”.
(2. OPTIONAL) If you would like to look around this website, please feel free to do so. You may use the general “Donate” button (up in the upper right-hand corner on every page) and write that you are donating in my name (Delphine Wartelle) in the comments section so the staff know to attribute your donation to my total, or come back here and it will be recorded automatically.
Please get in touch for questions or simply to share kind thoughts and general excitement that there is hope for the Middle East. Let’s be the harbinger of change!
With peace and gratitude,
Hi! My name is Delphine and I’m French-American, by way of Poland! I’ve been playing Ultimate for 8 years and I love teaching people how to throw and read discs, especially low backhand releases. I’m an English teacher with a collection of ukuleles and I can’t wait to meet you so we can pull and dance together on the line!